Saturday, February 14, 2015

Dirty Show, Pre-Order and Final Review!

I know I’ve said it before, but it’s getting exciting now.

First, the 16th annual edition of The Dirty Show is on as I write this. Last night kicked off with legendary indie filmmaker, artist, and raconteur John Waters. Jerry Vile was very excited to land John for the show because he’s been a big fan and influenced by John’s work. Here’s a cool picture of the two at the show on Thursday night.

John Waters & Jerry Vile at the Dirty Show (February 12th, 2015) - Photo by Gretchen Gonzales Davidson
If you haven’t gotten your tickets for the Dirty Show, yet… do so! It’s always the best time in Detroit in the cold, dark of February.


Second, if you or someone you know wants to pre-order the book – you can! Just follow this link to the Wayne State University Press website. The release date is Tuesday, September 1st.

Speaking of the book release, there are several events planned for mid-September. So, keep your eyes here for the latest.

Third, on the book production end, I’m reviewing the first draft of the design. I don’t want to spoil how cool this book looks, but I wanted to share something with you. So, here’s the cover page.


Again, thanks to you and everyone for supporting the effort to tell this super cool story. I expect you’ll love the book as much as I do when it’s unleashed upon the world this fall.

All the best,


Rob St. Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment